Friday, September 5, 2008

It's Fair Time...Gold Country Fair 08

It's been a busy week here. I offered to help out at the Gold Country Fair one day and not sure how but they decided to hire me and actually pay me real money. LOL The only hitch is that I am the new girl in town and I am getting lots of shifts. It's funny I thought everyone was a volunteer. So it's really been fun and I have learned so much about how much work goes into making those buildings look so nice. I have met some really nice people and am really enjoying myself. Am I tired, yep but it's a nice tired. Our kiddos including Mandy did really well with their fair entries. Hayden won a Best of Division last night on his blackberry jam. Unfortunately there was a mess up on the food and no Best of Divisions were given. But I was there when the judge was judging and she really loved Haley's peanut butter cookies and chocolate crinkle cookies. She got 1st's on everything she entered and with a couple of exceptions so did Hayden! I got 2 firsts a second and a third on my scrapbook items...here are a few pics I took last night. Hopefully I will get some of Hayden tonight when he comes to the fair....

This is her 1st on the Chocolate cookies. She spent one day there with me and the ladies just loved her. They made sure to put hers and Hayden's stuff somewhere promanent.. Nice perk LOL

This isn't a very good pic of a pic sorry. But this is one Mandy took and her subjects, the feet, belong to Ellie and Jordyn.

Isn't this a wonderful creation that Hayden made.

Haley made the pj bottoms for herself and her American Girl doll and then the little quilt for her doll. I think next year we will branch out.

Isn't this a fun picture? This was Hayden on their camping trip last month. I think Mandy actually wins some bucks for her entries. I love this pic.

And finally Haleys lego boat. The kids sat one day while they were here and dreamed this up.

I hope everyone gets a chance to come to the fair. It is really a nice little hometown fair.... Most of the ladies I work with have been doing this for years and years and we got to talking and I mentioned our friend Tom Musser who used to be the director of this fair, a million years ago. They all knew him. LOL It was really because of Tom and Debbie that our family got involved many years ago. Thanks to Tom and Deb for adding to our lives in this way!!!!

3 comments:

  1. It was great visiting with you! You're more than welcome in AZ anytime. We'd love to have you! And who knows... maybe Devin won't be teething next time you see him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks amazing and good to hear you are having fun but you need some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted you to know that I have enjoyed your blog. You are doing such a great job with it.

    Isn't it so fun to be participating in the fair. haley has done a really good job on the PJ from what I can see in the picture.

    Glad that everyone got to bring home a prize.

    patty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you stopped by. Kat