Tonight was the awards ceremony for Haley's first year in Select Soccer. It was a great party at California Fitness. The girls and parents and siblings all played an indoor game for the first hour and then after pizza the coaches did the awards. There were players choice awards. The girls were asked a couple of weeks ago to anonymously vote for several categories; best defender, best offense, biggest boot, and something else and then the SUPERSTAR of the team. The person who gave their all at all positions, had a great attitude and always went that extra mile. It was the last award and our HALEY WON IT!!!! I think she was VERY surprised!!! I took pictures of all the girls getting their awards and guess what? The only one that didn't come out Haley's!!!! So we posed at home in front of our undecorated tree LOL
All the girls got medals with their name, number and the year on it. Usually all that info isn't on a medal! Then her trophy was for Superstar!
I have to say, it was a bit pricey but worth every dollar to see how much she enjoyed Select Soccer and she has learned so much!
This next picture was one I took at her last INDOOR game. REALLY hard to take pics through Plexiglas!
AND last but not least the UGLY cake that Raley's made!!!! The cake they will be refunding me a lot of money on tomorrow. Long story but believe me this isn't what I had in mind when I ordered a $35.00 cake!!!

It sounds like, with the exception of the cake, everything is coming up roses for you guys. That's awesome (and about time, if you ask me)!
ReplyDeleteThanks sweetie, you are right, we needed a great week and we had one LOL
ReplyDelete