Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Date To Remember part 2

Well I have waited for the proper time so that I won't jump the gun here but it seems almost everyone else knows so now it's my turn to let the cat out of the
bag. Obee and Mandy are expecting a baby in October. I can't wait to meet him/her. It brings back so many thoughts of my FAVORITE memories: That 2nd night home from the hospital with #1 when she was so exhausted and called me crying in the middle of the night. Hayden and I slept together the rest of the night while his mommy and daddy caught up a bit. It was really a special night for me. And when Elena was born so peacefully in our bedroom. OMGosh I was totally struck with awe at what Mandy had done and that this baby entered the world so gently. Then there was the mixed memory of knowing I wouldn't be there when Jordyn was born and of course this growing family should be alone this time to welcome her. I was okay with it with the exception that I worried, ridiculously, that I wouldn't bond with her the way I had with the other two because I hadn't seen her born. LOL And then on July 3rd the phone rang and Obee and Mandy needed me to come NOW, something was happening way too fast. Within 90 min Jordyn, our 4th of July baby, was born while I held Ellie's sleepy little body in my arms and watched Hayden ask a million questions awestruck by seeing his sister, again gently, slip into our world. I am ready for another experience to ponder on when I took at them sleep or play or just hug the dog. I do love these babies and the one to come very very much. Yippee I am gonna be a gramma again....and yes Ed has been resusitated and will live! LOL Just joking.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats, Grandma. What awesome news!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous Memories and another one like them to come. Congratulations Grandma!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you stopped by. Kat