Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Sad Day

I got some not so wonderful news today about one of my best friends. She had endometrial cancer last year, had surgery and did chemo. There were several times when we thought the chemo was going to kill her. Then the cancer was all gone. Now it is back and I love her so much that today is a blur. I know she is gearing up to fight again and I am so proud of how strong she is and so ashamed of myself for what a wimp I am being. Let me tell you about what a wonderful person she is. She is so creative, smart and generous, it always overwhelms me. She 'collects' even more than I do when it comes to stamping and scrapping. I went to 'meet' her last year right after her chemo and she was bald and beautiful. We went shopping and she insisted on taking off her wig and telling me to take a pic! Her sense of humor is so quick and she is a true friend...Oh did I tell you that I met her online about five years ago and that I have only 'met' her once. That would be when she invited me to stay with her in Arkansas for a week. Good thing I wasn't a mass murderer! This is a terrible picture of when she whipped off her wig while we were shopping. I was so stunned that I missed the great pic. lol

Here she is with the wig at the Leisure Arts biyearly sale. We had so much fun! AND spent so much money.

LOL and this was how we spent part of my weeks visit. Her sis Jenny had to have an emergency appendectomy while I was there. How will she ever be able to top that on my next visit?

I love you Arlene and I will do anything I can do to help you fight this nasty invasion in your life!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! I haven't been on the boards the last couple days! I'm devastated to hear this! Arlene is an amazing woman. Too amazing for words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, wow brave woman, sure you are proud of her, very sad about the cancer came back, it's very frustrated, hope you feel better to cheer her up.
    hugs

    Maje

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you stopped by. Kat